Monalisa Smile

My first impression towards this movie is kind of a bit boring and slow. Just like a wise man says, “Do not judge a book by its cover”. I should not judge this movie without watching it first. Then, after watching this whole movie, well, I am totally wrong about it. With my due respect, I am really amazed towards this movie and I think it is such great work done by the director of this movie.
Entertainment value:
The scene part that grabs my attention is when Katherine Watson, a young art history professor challenges her students by showing some pictures which do not include in their books. Consequently, the students are not able to answer and interpret those pictures because they have never learned about it. Because of students’ arrogance towards her, she tries to teach them a lesson that they should not only study in the books but look at from the other perspective. This demonstrates that Katherine shows her ability to teach her students in a creative way and makes them to think critically about they have learned in class. Besides that, she tries to prevent her students from dominating her lesson as during the previous class, she is tormented by her students when she shows some pictures to them and they are able to answer all of them well and fast.

For me as B.ED TESL student:
            Well, nowadays, students are more brilliant than teachers. Students will always challenge the teacher in many ways as they want to test the teacher’s ability as the role of teacher. For example, students ask some difficult questions to the teacher and the teacher needs to explain to them with such good answers. Consequently, students will consider their teacher as either a good or bad teacher. So, as a teacher, we have to be well-prepared before entering the class. Teacher also needs to be aware of students’ levels in class because not all students have same level in academic excellence.
            As a teacher, I hope that I can make my students become a better person in future. I really do not want to ruin their lives because of me. No matter what it takes, the risk of life must be taken. Teacher should respect students, and students should also respect teacher because they depend on each other to achieve their goals together.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

kereikrekate said...

i am fully agree with you. nowadays, they are some students who are better than teacher academically. as a teacher we need to find a way in dealing with this problem. in my opinion, the best way to overcome this problem is by make yourself as good as it can be so there will be no problem of students better than teachers.

Post a Comment